Welcome, and thank you for using World of Wellness! When you use our products and services, you are agreeing to our terms, so please take a few minutes to read over the User Agreement below.
Note: You are entering into a legally binding agreement.
World of Wellness User Agreement
Last revised on 25 June 2018
World of Wellness is a platform for client and practitioner members.
The mission of World of Wellness is to help people understand the relationship between food and health.
To achieve our mission, we make services available through our website, mobile applications, practitioner platform, and member forums to help people learn how to reach and maintain normal healthy weight and empower them with knowledge that frees them from pain and disease.
1.2. Scope and Intent
When you use World of Wellness, you are entering into a legal agreement and you agree to all of these terms.
If you are using World of Wellness on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you are nevertheless individually bound by this Agreement even if your company has a separate agreement with us. If you do not want to register an account and become a Member, do not enter into this Agreement, do NOT click “Register” and do not access, view, download or otherwise use any World of Wellness webpage, information or services.
2. Your Obligations
2.1. Applicable laws and this Agreement
Some promises you make to us in this Agreement:
You will follow the law and World of Wellness’s rules.
You must comply with all applicable laws and this Agreement, and the policies and processes explained in the following sections:
- DOs and DON’Ts
- Complaints Regarding Content Posted on the World of Wellness Forum; and
as may be amended from time to time with or without advance notice.
2.2. License and warranty for your personal data, posts and submissions to World of Wellness
You grant us a license to the information you provide us.
You own the information you provide World of Wellness under this Agreement, and may request its deletion at any time, unless you have shared information or content with others and they have not deleted it, or it was copied or stored by other users. Additionally, you grant World of Wellness a nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, unlimited, assignable, sublicenseable, fully paid up and royalty-free right to us to copy, prepare derivative works of, improve, distribute, publish, remove, retain, add, process, analyze, use and commercialize, in any way now known or in the future discovered, any information you provide, directly or indirectly to World of Wellness, including, but not limited to, any user generated content, ideas, concepts, techniques and/or data to the services, you submit to World of Wellness, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or to any third parties. Any information you submit to us is at your own risk of loss. By providing information to us, you represent and warrant that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third-party rights. It is your responsibility to keep your World of Wellness profile information accurate and updated.
2.3. Service Eligibility
You are eligible to enter into this contract if you are at least the “Minimum Age” (defined below), and the information you provide is truthful.
To be eligible to use the Service, you must meet the following criteria and represent and warrant that you:
- are the “Minimum Age” (defined below) or older;
- are not currently restricted from the Services, or not otherwise prohibited from having a World of Wellness account,
- are not a competitor of World of Wellness or are not using the Services for reasons that are in competition with World of Wellness;
- provide accurate personal information to World of Wellness;
- have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party;
- will not violate any rights of World of Wellness or a third-party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights; and
- agree to provide at your cost all equipment, software, mobile access, and internet access necessary to use the Services.
The Services are not intended for use by children under the age of seventeen (17).
To be a Practitioner Member you must hold and be able to demonstrate current board certification and registration in a recognized health field.
2.4. Your Membership
You will keep your password a secret.
You will not share an account with anyone else.
You will not copy or transfer any part of the products or Services.
The profile you create on World of Wellness will become part of World of Wellness and the information that you license to us is owned by World of Wellness. However, between you and others, your account belongs to you.
You agree to:
- keep your password secure and confidential;
- not permit others to use your account;
- not use other’s accounts;
- not sell, trade, or transfer your World of Wellness account to another party; and
- not charge anyone for access to any portion of World of Wellness, or any information therein.
Further, you are responsible for anything that happens through your account until you close down your account or prove that your account security was compromised due to no fault of your own.
Close your account here.
You will pay us for any losses that you cause.
You agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless for all damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) related to all third-party claims, charges, and investigations, caused by:
- your failure to comply with this Agreement, including, without limitation, your submission of content that violates third-party rights or applicable laws;
- any content you submit to the Services; and
- any activity in which you engage on or through World of Wellness.
You will honor your payment obligations.
You agree to us storing your payment information.
Also, there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices.
We don't guarantee refunds.
If you purchase any services that we offer for a fee, either on a one-time or subscription basis, you agree to World of Wellness storing your payment information. You also agree to pay the applicable fees for a Renewable Subscription (including, without limitation, periodic fees) as they become due plus all related taxes, and to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts. Failure to pay may result in the termination of your subscription and the loss of your personal data.
Depending on where you transact with us, the type of payment method used and where your payment method was issued, your transaction with us may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices, including because of exchange rates. World of Wellness does not support all payment methods, currencies or locations for payment. If the payment method you use with us, such as a credit card, reaches its expiration date and you do not edit your payment method information or cancel your account or such Renewable Subscription service, you authorize us to continue billing that payment method and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. Your obligation to pay fees continues through the end of the subscription period during which you cancel your Renewable Subscription service. All applicable taxes are calculated based on the billing information you provide us at the time of purchase.
Change your Renewable Subscription Settings here.
We do not provide refunds on any fees or charges for Memberships, products or Services including partially used periods and bank/merchant fees. We do not provide refunds for lack of usage or dissatisfaction.
You also acknowledge that World of Wellness’s Renewable Subscription service is subject to this Agreement and any additional terms related to the provision of the Renewable Subscription service.
If you require a printed invoice for a transaction with us, you can access your Order History here.
2.7. Notify us of acts contrary to the Agreement
If you think you have to breach this Agreement, you will let us know beforehand.
If you believe that you are entitled or obligated to act contrary to this Agreement under any mandatory law, you agree to provide us with detailed and substantiated explanation of your reasons in writing at least 30 days before you act contrary to this Agreement, to allow us to assess whether we may, at our sole discretion, provide an alternative remedy for the situation, though we are under no obligation to do so.
2.8. Notifications and Service Messages
You agree to us providing you with important notices on the website, mobile apps, or by email.
The contact information you provide must be accurate or you may not receive important notices.
For purposes of service messages and notices about the Services, World of Wellness may place a banner notice across its pages to alert you to certain changes such as modifications to this Agreement. Alternatively, notice may consist of an email from World of Wellness to an email address associated with your account, even if we have other contact information. You also agree that World of Wellness may communicate with you through your World of Wellness account or through other means including email, mobile number, telephone, or delivery services including the postal service about your World of Wellness account or services associated with World of Wellness.
You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate contact or other information, including, but not limited to, your failure to receive critical information about the Service.
2.9. World of Wellness Applications
This Agreement applies to mobile applications as well. Also, you agree certain additional information can be shared with us.
World of Wellness may offer the Services through applications built using World of Wellness’s platform (“World of Wellness Applications”).
World of Wellness Applications are distinct from third-party Platform Applications addressed in Section 4.2.
If you use a World of Wellness Application or interact with a website that has deployed a plugin, you agree that information about you and your use of the Services, including, but not limited to, your device, your mobile carrier, your internet access provider, your physical location, or web pages containing World of Wellness plugins that load in your browser may be communicated to us. Further, by importing any of your World of Wellness data through the World of Wellness Application, you represent that you have authority to share the transferred data with your mobile carrier or other access provider. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile account, you must promptly update your World of Wellness account information to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number and failure to do so is your responsibility.
You acknowledge you are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing World of Wellness through your mobile access provider. Therefore, you should check with your provider to find out if the Services are available and the terms for these services for your specific mobile devices.
Finally, by using any downloadable application to enable your use of the Services, you are explicitly confirming your acceptance of the terms of the End User License Agreement associated with the application provided at download or installation, or as may be updated from time to time.
2.10. User-to-User Communication and Sharing (World of Wellness Forums, Updates, etc.)
When you share information on World of Wellness forums and social media, others can see, copy and use that information.
World of Wellness offers various forums where you can post your observations and comments on designated topics, share and receive support. World of Wellness also enables sharing of information by allowing users to post updates, including links to news articles and other information such as health information, recipes, and other content to their profile and other parts of the site. World of Wellness members can create World of Wellness Groups for free, however, World of Wellness, in its sole discretion, may close or transfer World of Wellness Groups, or remove content from them if the content violates this Agreement or others’ intellectual property rights.
Please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by other Members, and World of Wellness cannot guarantee that other Members will not use the ideas and information that you share on World of Wellness. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third-party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to any World of Wellness Group, or elsewhere on World of Wellness.
WORLD OF WELLNESS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANOTHER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST ON WORLD OF WELLNESS.
2.12. Export Control
You won’t break export laws.
Your use of World of Wellness services, including our software, is subject to export and re-export control laws and regulations. You shall not — directly or indirectly — sell, export, re-export, transfer, divert, or otherwise dispose of any software or service to any end-user without obtaining the required authorizations from the appropriate government authorities. You also warrant that you are not prohibited from receiving United States origin products, including services or software.
2.13. Contributions to World of Wellness
If you provide feedback to us, make sure you do not include confidential or infringing materials.
You grant us rights to your feedback.
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, or proposals ("Contributions") to World of Wellness on Forums, social media and through its Send Feedback link, you acknowledge and agree that:
- your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information;
- World of Wellness is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to your Contributions;
- World of Wellness shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide;
- World of Wellness may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development;
- you irrevocably non-exclusively license to World of Wellness rights to exploit your Contributions; and
- you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from World of Wellness under any circumstances.
3. Your Rights
If you follow this agreement, we grant you a limited right to use World of Wellness.
You will only access and use World of Wellness in the way this agreement allows you.
On the condition that you comply with all your obligations under this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the Do’s and Don’ts listed in Section 10, we grant you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive, nonassignable, nonsublicenseable license and right to access the Services, through a generally available web browser, mobile device or World of Wellness authorized application (but not through scraping, spidering, crawling or other technology or software used to access data without the express written consent of World of Wellness or its Members), to view information and use the Services that we provide on World of Wellness webpages and in accordance with this Agreement.
Any other use of World of Wellness contrary to our mission and purpose (such as seeking use information gathered from World of Wellness commercially unless expressly authorized by World of Wellness) is strictly prohibited and a violation of this Agreement. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement, including, without limitation, title, ownership, intellectual property rights, and all other rights and interest in World of Wellness and all related items, including any and all copies made of the World of Wellness website.
4. Our Rights & Obligations
4.1. Services Availability
We may change or discontinue Services, and in such case, we do not promise to keep showing or storing your information and materials.
For as long as World of Wellness continues to offer the Services, World of Wellness shall provide and seek to update, improve and expand the Services. As a result, we allow you to access World of Wellness as it may exist and be available on any given day and we have no other obligations, except as expressly stated in this Agreement. We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue World of Wellness, partially or entirely, or change and modify prices prospectively for all or part of the Services for you or for all our Members in our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on World of Wellness or by direct communication to you unless otherwise noted.
World of Wellness further reserves the right to withhold, remove or discard any content available as part of your account, with or without notice if deemed by World of Wellness to be contrary to this Agreement. For avoidance of doubt, World of Wellness has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other Members provide when using the Services.
4.2. Third-Party Sites and Developers
Third parties may offer their own products and services through World of Wellness, and we are not responsible for these third-party activities.
World of Wellness is not responsible for and does not endorse any features, content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from Third-Party Sites or Platform Applications. World of Wellness also does not screen, audit, or endorse Platform Applications. Accordingly, if you decide to use Third-Party Sites or use Platform Applications, you do so at your own risk and agree that your use of any Platform Applications is on an “as-is” basis without any warranty as to the Platform Developer’s actions, and that this Agreement does not apply to your use of any Third-Party Site or Platform Applications.
4.3. Disclosure of User Information
- comply with legal process, including, but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures;
- enforce this Agreement;
- respond to claims of a violation of the rights of third parties, whether or not the third-party is a Member, individual, or government agency;
- respond to customer service inquiries; or
- protect the rights, property, or personal safety of World of Wellness, our Members or the public.
4.4. Connections and Interactions with other Members
We have the right to limit the connections and interactions on the Service.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. World of Wellness may limit the number of connections you can have to other Members and may, in certain circumstances, prohibit you from contacting other Members through use of the Services or otherwise limit your use of the Services.
World of Wellness reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members and to restrict, suspend, or close your account if World of Wellness determines, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary to enforce this Agreement.
4.5. Intellectual Property Notices
We are providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
The Service includes the copyrights and Intellectual property rights of World of Wellness and except for the limited license granted to you in Section 3, World of Wellness reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Service.
World of Wellness logos and other World of Wellness trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with World of Wellness are trademarks or registered trademarks of World of Wellness in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks and logos used in connection with World of Wellness may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
This Agreement does not grant you any right or license with respect to any such trademarks and logos.
Back to Top
We disclaim any legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of World of Wellness.
SOME COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED TERMS IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
DO NOT RELY ON WORLD OF WELLNESS OR ITS SUPPLIERS, ANY INFORMATION THEREIN, OR ITS CONTINUATION. WE PROVIDE THE PLATFORM FOR WORLD OF WELLNESS AND ALL INFORMATION AND SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WORLD OF WELLNESS DOES NOT CONTROL OR VET USER GENERATED CONTENT FOR ACCURACY. WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
WORLD OF WELLNESS AND ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED OR HARMED BY WORLD OF WELLNESS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO WORLD OF WELLNESS, YOU MAY CLOSE YOUR WORLD OF WELLNESS ACCOUNT AND TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 7 (“TERMINATION”) AND SUCH TERMINATION SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
WORLD OF WELLNESS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES FOR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES (SUCH AS POSTING OF ANSWERS OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY OTHER MEMBER GENERATED CONTENT) SENT THROUGH WORLD OF WELLNESS TO ANYONE. IN ADDITION, WE NEITHER WARRANT NOR REPRESENT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES.
ANY MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY DESCRIBED OR USED ON THE PLATFORM MAY BE SUBJECT TO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OWNED BY THIRD PARTIES WHO HAVE LICENSED SUCH MATERIAL, SERVICE, OR TECHNOLOGY TO US. WORLD OF WELLNESS DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSONS SUBSCRIBING TO ITS SERVICES, NOR DOES IT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO MONITOR THE USE OF ITS SERVICES BY OTHER MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY; THEREFORE, WORLD OF WELLNESS DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION BY OTHERS.
WORLD OF WELLNESS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES IT PROVIDES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. IN PARTICULAR, THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES MAY BE INTERRUPTED DUE TO MAINTENANCE, UPDATES, OR SYSTEM OR NETWORK FAILURES. WORLD OF WELLNESS DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY SUCH INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS IN FUNCTIONING. FURTHERMORE, WORLD OF WELLNESS DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY MALFUNCTIONING, IMPOSSIBILITY OF ACCESS, OR POOR USE CONDITIONS OF THE WORLD OF WELLNESS SITE DUE TO INAPPROPRIATE EQUIPMENT, DISTURBANCES RELATED TO INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, TO THE SATURATION OF THE INTERNET NETWORK, AND FOR ANY OTHER REASON.
6. Limitation of Liability
We are trying to limit any legal liability we may have to you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. SOME COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IN CONTRACTS WITH CONSUMERS AND AS A RESULT THE CONTENTS OF THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Neither World of Wellness nor any of our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, suppliers, employees, shareholders, or directors (“World of Wellness Affiliates”) shall be cumulatively liable for:
- any damages in excess of five times the most recent monthly fee that you paid for a Service, if any, or USD 100, whichever amount is greater, or
- any special, incidental, indirect, punitive or consequential damages or loss of use, profit, revenue or data to you or any third person arising from your use of the Service, any Platform Applications or any of the content or other materials on, accessed through or downloaded from World of Wellness. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between the parties and without it the terms and prices charged would be different. This limitation of liability shall:
- apply regardless of whether
- you base your claim on contract, tort, statute or any other legal theory
- we knew or should have known about the possibility of such damages, or
- the limited remedies provided in this section fail of their essential purpose; and
- not apply to any damage that World of Wellness may cause you intentionally or knowingly in violation of this Agreement or applicable law, or as otherwise mandated by applicable law that cannot be disclaimed in this Agreement.
- not apply if you have entered into a separate agreement to purchase Services with a separate Limitation of Liability provision that supersedes this section in relation to those Services.
- apply regardless of whether
7.1. Mutual Rights of Termination
We can each end this Agreement anytime we want.
You may terminate this Agreement, for any or no reason, at any time, with notice to World of Wellness pursuant to Section 9.3. This notice will be effective upon World of Wellness processing your notice. World of Wellness may terminate this Agreement and your account for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice. For avoidance of doubt, only World of Wellness or the party paying for the Services may terminate your access to any services. Termination of your World of Wellness account includes disabling your access to World of Wellness and may also bar you from any future use of World of Wellness.
7.2. Misuse of the Services
World of Wellness may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any Member who abuses or misuses the Services.
Misuse of the Services includes abusing World of Wellness messaging services; creating multiple profiles; using the Services commercially without World of Wellness’s authorization, infringing any intellectual property rights, violating any of the Do’s and Don’ts listed in Section 10, or any other behavior that World of Wellness, in its sole discretion, deems contrary to its purpose. In addition, and without limiting the foregoing, World of Wellness has adopted a policy of terminating accounts of Members who, in World of Wellness’s sole discretion, are deemed to be repeat infringers under the United States Copyright Act.
7.3. Effect of Termination
Upon termination of your World of Wellness account, you lose access to the Services.
The terms of this Agreement shall survive any termination, except Section 3 (“Your Rights”) and Sections 4.1., 4.2., and 4.3. (“Our Rights and Obligations”).
8. Dispute Resolution
8.1. Law and Forum for Legal Disputes
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, it will take place in Singapore courts, applying Singapore law.
This Agreement or any claim, cause of action or dispute (“claim”) arising out of or related to this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Singapore regardless of your country of origin or where you access World of Wellness, and notwithstanding of any conflicts of law principles and the United Nations Convention for the International Sale of Goods. You and World of Wellness agree that all claims arising out of or related to this Agreement must be resolved exclusively by a court located in Singapore, except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration Option paragraph below. You and World of Wellness agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Singapore for the purpose of litigating all such claims. Notwithstanding the above, you agree that World of Wellness shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
8.2. Arbitration Option
Each of us will have the right to choose arbitration.
For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than USD 10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration.
In the event a party elects arbitration, they shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules:
- the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration;
- the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and
- any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator shall be final and may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
9. General Terms
Some important details about how to read the Agreement.
If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction or arbitrator to be illegal, void, or unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be modified so as to render it enforceable and effective to the maximum extent possible in order to effect the intention of the provision; if a court or arbitrator finds the modified provision invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement will not be affected in any way.
Your relationship with World of Wellness is governed by the English language documents.
9.3. Notices and Service of Process
We can serve you notice via Skinny-World.com.
In addition to Section 2.8. (“Notices and Service Messages”), we may notify you via postings on www.Skinny-World.com.
You may contact us at Send Feedback here or via mail or courier at:
PPL Holdings Limited, 50 Raffles Place #15-05/06 Singapore Land Tower, Singapore 048623.
World of Wellness accepts service of process at the above registered business address. Any notices that you provide without compliance with this section shall have no legal effect.
9.4. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and World of Wellness.
You agree that this Agreement constitutes the entire, complete and exclusive agreement between you and World of Wellness regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether written or oral, or whether established by custom, practice, policy or precedent, with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other World of Wellness services, third-party content or third-party software.
9.5. Amendments to This Agreement
We reserve the right to change this Agreement without notice.
9.6. No informal waivers, agreements or representations
Our failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you does not waive our right to act with respect to a similar or other breach.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to that breach or subsequent similar or other breaches. Except as expressly and specifically contemplated by the Agreement, no representations, statements, consents, waivers or other acts or omissions by any World of Wellness Affiliate shall be deemed legally binding on any World of Wellness Affiliate, unless documented in physical writing hand-signed by a duly appointed officer of World of Wellness.
9.7. No Injunctive Relief
You waive your rights to try to stop World of Wellness, but we don’t waive our rights to ask a court to stop your actions.
In no event shall you seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Services or any content or other material used or displayed through the Services.
Entities other than PPL Holdings Limited and that PPL Holdings Limited owns a 50% or greater interest in (“Affiliate”) are not parties, but intended third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement, with a right to enforce this Agreement directly against you.
9.9. Assignment and Delegation
You cannot assign your rights under this Agreement, but we can.
You may not assign or delegate any rights or obligations under the Agreement. Any purported assignment and delegation shall be ineffective.
We may freely assign or delegate all rights and obligations under the Agreement, fully or partially without notice to you. We may also substitute, by way of unilateral novation, effective upon notice to you, for any third-party that assumes our rights and obligations under this Agreement.
9.10. Potential Other Rights and Obligations
You may have rights or obligations under local law other than those enumerated here.
10. World of Wellness “DOs” and “DON’Ts.”
As a condition to World of Wellness Membership, you agree to this User Agreement and to strictly observe the following DOs and DON’Ts:
10.1. DO undertake the following:
Some of the specific things we ask you to DO on World of Wellness.
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and update it as necessary;
- Review and comply with notices sent by World of Wellness concerning the Services; and
- Use the Services in a responsible manner.
10.2. DON’T undertake the following:
Some of the specific things we ask you NOT TO DO on World of Wellness.
- Act dishonestly or irresponsibly by engaging in reckless behavior by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, lewd or objectionable content to World of Wellness;
- Publish inaccurate information in the designated fields on the profile form (e.g., do not include a link or an email address in the name field). Please also protect sensitive personal information such as your email address, phone number, street address, or other information that is confidential in nature;
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than a natural person;
- Harass, abuse or harm another person, including sending unwelcomed communications to others using World of Wellness;
- Upload a profile image that is not your likeness;
- Use or attempt to use another's account or create a false identity on World of Wellness;
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any content that:
- falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity;
- is unlawful, libelous, abusive, lewd, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- adds to a content field content that is not intended for such field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by World of Wellness);
- infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- includes any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to
- using World of Wellness to connect to people who don’t know you and then sending unsolicited promotional messages to those direct connections without their permission; and
- sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases;
- contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment of World of Wellness or any user of World of Wellness;
- forges headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any communication transmitted through the Services; or
- even if it is legal where you are located, create profiles or provide content that promotes escort services, prostitution or any other illegal or inappropriate behaviors.
- Participate, directly or indirectly, in the setting up or development of a network that seeks to implement practices that are similar to sales by network or the recruitment of independent home salespeople for the purposes of creating a pyramid scheme or other similar practices;
- Duplicate, license, sublicense, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell, rebrand, or otherwise transfer information found on World of Wellness (excluding content posted by you) except as permitted in this Agreement or as expressly authorized by World of Wellness;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part thereof;
- Utilize or copy information, content or any data you view on or obtain from World of Wellness to provide any service that is competitive, in World of Wellness’s sole discretion, with World of Wellness;
- Imply or state, directly or indirectly, that you are affiliated with or endorsed by World of Wellness unless you have entered into a written agreement with World of Wellness (this includes, but is not limited to, representing yourself as an accredited World of Wellness Practitioner if you have not been certified by World of Wellness as such);
- Adapt, modify or create derivative works based on World of Wellness or technology underlying the Services, or other Members’ content, in whole or part, except as permitted under World of Wellness’s developer program;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell access to World of Wellness or any information therein, or the equivalent, in whole or part;
- Sell, sponsor, or otherwise monetize a World of Wellness Forum or any other service or functionality of World of Wellness, without the express written permission of World of Wellness;
- Deep-link to the Site for any purpose, (i.e. creating or posting a link to a World of Wellness web page other than World of Wellness’s home page) unless expressly authorized in writing by World of Wellness or for the purpose of promoting your profile or a Group on World of Wellness as set forth in the Brand Guidelines;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on World of Wellness, including those of both World of Wellness and any of its licensors;
- Remove, cover or otherwise obscure any form of advertisement included on World of Wellness;
- Collect, use, copy, or transfer any information, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information obtained from World of Wellness except as expressly permitted in this Agreement or as the owner of such information may expressly permit;
- Share information of non-members without their express consent;
- Infringe or use World of Wellness’s brand, logos or trademarks, including, without limitation, using the word “World of Wellness” in any business name, email, or URL or including World of Wellness’s trademarks and logos except as provided in the Brand Guidelines or as expressly permitted by World of Wellness;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the site;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access World of Wellness, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages, or perform other similar activities through World of Wellness, unless explicitly permitted by World of Wellness;
- Access, via automated or manual means or processes, World of Wellness for purposes of monitoring World of Wellness’s availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of World of Wellness’s website;
- Attempt to or actually access World of Wellness by any means other than through the interfaces provided by World of Wellness such as its mobile application or by navigating to www.worldofwellness.care using a web browser. This prohibition includes accessing or attempting to access World of Wellness using any third-party service, including software-as-a-service platforms that aggregate access to multiple services, including World of Wellness;
- Attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying World of Wellness;
- Engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on World of Wellness’s infrastructure, including, but not limited to, sending unsolicited communications to other Members or World of Wellness personnel, attempting to gain unauthorized access to World of Wellness, or transmitting or activating computer viruses through or on World of Wellness; and/or
- Interfere or disrupt or game World of Wellness or the Services, including, but not limited to, any servers or networks connected to World of Wellness, or World of Wellness's search algorithms.
11. Complaints Regarding Content Posted on the World of Wellness Forums
We respect the intellectual property rights of others.
We built World of Wellness to help you achieve and maintain normal healthy weight and understand the relationship between food and health. To achieve this purpose, we encourage our Members to give and receive support and share truthful and accurate information about living a healthy life.
This Agreement requires that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties.
If you want to notify us of a suspected breach of copyright concerning content posted by our Members you can Send Feedback here.
12. How To Contact Us
If you have questions or comments about this User Agreement, please Send Feedback here or by physical mail at:
PPL Holdings Limited
50 Raffles Place
#15-05/06 Singapore Land Tower